Intruding on a Reptile - Goat Hills

Tuesday 6 December 2016
Whilst working on a patch I noticed the end of a tail poking out from under some litter and realised it was a Bluetongue lizard.  It remained motionless for about 15 minutes or so while I worked nearby and eventually decided it was safe to emerge after I got a bit further away.
Bluetongue is hard to see  arrows mark it












Thought it was safe to come out of hiding

I tried a pair of insect repelling overalls that were a gift, but it is hard to know how effective they were. There were a few mosquitoes about but I don’t think anyone got bitten and neither did I, so the test was somewhat inconclusive.

As for the work, we discovered that the patch of Erica leftover from the last visit was more extensive than thought. We did make a good fist of it but as we did not have as many helping as sometimes, some had to be left to finish another time; probably next May. 


Ted busy working on the Erica at Goat Hills.


Comments